Pages

24 weeks

Thursday, February 27, 2014


How far along: 24 weeks
Size: She's the size of a cantaloupe and the length of an ear of corn
Gender: GIRL! I get more and more excited every day to be having a girl. We always thought we'd have a boy first but we're getting extremely excited for a little girl! I can't wait to see how Ken is with her, it's going to be the sweetest thing :)
Fun Fact: Baby girl is VIABLE! Meaning, if she was born this week she'd have about a 50% chance of survival. Not that those are very great chances, but it's crazy to think that she could actually survive at this point outside of my cozy belly. We are perfectly OK with her staying in there for another 16 weeks or so though :)
Symptoms: Exhaustion still comes and goes. Some days I'm very productive and can get a lot done and other days I'm a couch potato. Every once in awhile I'll get some heartburn after I eat but it's never bad enough to where it really bothers me. I actually really do love being pregnant and seeing this bump get bigger and bigger :)
Maternity clothes: Pretty sure I'll be wearing maxi skirts and leggings from here on out. Which is pretty much what I've been wearing since December anyway. Anything comfy and I'm all over it.  I tried on swim suits the other day since NONE of my old swim tops fit anymore and it was pretty depressing. I just look huge and my boobs are just beyond huge, to me anyway.  Looks like I'll have to do my tanning topless! Bring on the pasties!
Stretch marks: None that I've found
Belly button in or out: In for the win
Sleep: Sleep still varies. Still going to bed between 9 and 10 and if I'm not working the following morning I'll sleep in until 7 or 8. Then there's still those nights where I wake up at 1 and lay there till 4am.  Guess my body is gearing me up for some late night awakenings/feedings!
Best moment this week: All of the bloodwork from my needlestick I posted about last week has come back negative so that's a huge relief. We also registered for the bean this week which was a lot of fun! We pretty much had a good idea about what we wanted before even going to Buy Buy Baby, which was great since it can get pretty overwhelming at that place.  I think Ken had alot of fun too scanning away at all the potential goodies for baby girl! I even let him pick out a few items ;)
Worst moment this week: Remember how I mentioned trying on swim suits? Ya.
Miss anything: Running in this amazing weather! I'll have to stick with walking Sadie and riding bikes for now.
Movement: The last few days her movement has become so much stronger and more frequent. It really is my favorite thing to do, to sit and just feel all her little movements. Now I can feel her on all sides of my belly so she must be growing big in there! Ken has felt her move several times now too which is pretty damn cool.
Cravings: Still iced coffee. I never needed to drink coffee daily but lately I could drink a small iced coffee with a pump of mocha every single day. In fact, I'm drinking my fav Dutch Bros iced coffee as I type this. Cheers!
Queasy or sick: Naw. I always take my prenatal vitamin and Metformin right before bed at night and occasionally when I wake up in the middle of the night my stomach will feel a bit queasy and I'm sure it's because of the pills.
Looking forward to: We've ordered a few more things for her nursery so I'm looking forward to getting those and getting it all set up. I also ordered the diaper bag I fell in love with and am so so excited to get it in a few days! Also looking forward to our next OB appointment and ultrasound in a couple more weeks! I can't wait to see how big she is and what her little profile looks like now!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE