Pages

3 days, 60 miles, $2300 to raise

Monday, February 17, 2014


3 days. 60 miles. $2,300 to raise. 
That's what I have to look forward to achieving in the next 9 months. 

One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. ONE IN EIGHT. I think almost every single person has been affected by breast cancer whether it's been a close family member, a dear friend, a neighbor, co-worker, or in my case hundreds of patients.  As a nurse, I've taken care of hundreds of patients struggling with breast cancer.  I see them on their worst days. First day out of surgery for a bilateral mastectomy, admission for nausea and vomiting related to chemotherapy, and I've sat with patients at their bedside as the doctor tells them for the first time they have breast cancer.  Not only do these women (and men) struggle with this diagnosis physically, but emotionally as well. 

 I've decided to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day this November in honor of my patients. It would mean the world to me, and to them, if you could help me achieve my goal of raising $2,300.  ANY dollar amount donated can make a difference!


Go to my personal page to make a donation. Together we can, and will, make a difference!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE