Pages

Nursery Inspiration

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ah, the nursery.  I'm pretty indecisive at times and change my mind often, so deciding on how the nursery will look is stressing me out a bit. I see a few nurseries that I love and am inspired by then I'll see a few others with totally different concepts and start changing my mind. I know I want it to be simple, not scream BABY, but still be young and fun. I keep getting drawn to light pink, coral, pops of gold and just a few touches of black. But I want there to be pops of multiple colors so I'm not limited to only buying things in certain colors. Ahhhh, see what I mean? I dont' know what I want! Ken has basically given me free range to do whatever I want to the nursery, I guess he trusts me! Or likes how I decorate. Anywho, here's some of my favorite images of nurseries I'm inspired by.




A few staple items I know we want are the DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Crib and the Nurseryworks Sleepytime Rocker.  I've loved the Jenny Lind crib and always pictured it in our nursery ever since we started trying to have a baby two years ago.  I also love the price and the fact that it converts to a toddler bed and daybed. The rocker was a pretty hard decision. Although I love the look of some of the pricier rockers, like the Nurseryworks Empire Rocker, I just can't justify spending $1000 on a chair.  The Nurseryworks Sleepytime Rocker has the same type of look to it for half the price. It also has great reviews and I know it'll look great with whatever decor we choose to go with. A few other staple items are photo ledge book shelves like these to display baby girl's cutest books, a big rug to play on, and a photo gallery wall above the dresser/changing table.  I'm currently making an "inspiration board" that has elements of everything I want in the nursery and will share it soon! Until then I'll keep pinning and saving photos that inspire me.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE