Pages

19 weeks

Thursday, January 23, 2014


How far along: 19 weeks
Size: A grapefruit!
Gender: We had our anatomy ultrasound yesterday and it confirmed that baby is 100% GIRL!! I think I get more and more excited everday.
Symptoms: Just a growing bump! And I'm kind of loving it.
Maternity clothes: Just loving maxi skirts and leggings paired with a maternity shirt or hoodie
Stretch marks: Nada
Belly button in or out: Still in. Even Ken mentioned the other day though that it's beginning to look just a bit more flat...or I like to say, shallow.
Sleep: Still varies. I can't get my mind to shut off when I wake up at 3am and have to get up to pee.
Best moment this week: Seeing how big the baby is! She looks huge on the ultrasound but just weighing in at 8oz, or half a pound! She was moving around like crazy! AND I'm pretty sure I've started to feel her moving! Every now and then when I'm lying on the couch on my back, I'll feel a little flick or tap on my belly. I can't wait until it's stronger and Ken can feel it too :) Amazing.
Worst moment this week: My OB told me that the ultrasound tech thinks the baby has a 2-vessel umbilical cord instead of the normal 3-vessel.  Kinda freaks me out. My doc said it's pretty common and shouldn't be anything to worry about. Yeah, okay. She wants to do another ultrasound at 28 weeks then monthly to make sure the babe is growing properly. 
Miss anything: Hmm..not really. I kinda love being pregnant.
Movement: Yes! Finally! It's still very subtle and only when I'm lying down flat.
Cravings: Hard boiled eggs, toast with peanut butter, italian sandwiches, apples
Queasy or sick: Meat, ick. I'm talking like a big piece of chicken or steak. If it's shredded in a taco or on a sandwich, I can handle it. My doctor told me I need to eat more red meats for iron since my hemoglobin is borderline low and just going to keep getting lower the further I am in pregnancy. So I've been trying to force myself to eat more steak or beef. Blah.
Looking forward to: Buying more furniture for the nursery, decorating, registering, stronger movement, and finalizing baby girl's name!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE