Pages

16 weeks

Thursday, January 2, 2014


How far along: 16 weeks
Size: A yummy avocado
Gender: GIRL! Will be confirmed in a couple weeks at our OB's office. 
Symptoms: Hunger & a growing belly. Half burrito, half baby. 
Maternity clothes: I wore my new "special" pants for the first time the other day and I must say, they were pretty amazing. So comfy! I need more! Also sporting lots of maxi dresses, leggings, and of course yoga pants.
Stretch marks: None
Belly button in or out: Still in
Sleep: Sleep was much better this week than it was last week. Pretty much sleeping through the night without waking up, which never happens.
Best moment this week: Finding out this little babe is a GIRL!! We are so shocked/excited/scared...but mostly excited :) I think Ken was mostly shocked. He would have swore it was a boy (or maybe that's just what he wanted deep down). Either way, were beyond happy and can't wait to meet her! Also, we're about 90% sure we've decided on her name! Simple, classic, and we love it. We haven't decided if were going to tell people or not. Most likely we'll just announce it to family and our closest friends...so stay tuned!
Worst moment this week: Having to say goodbye to my dad who I rarely get to see. It was really nice having him here and getting to spend Christmas together. We also have to say goodbye today to my sister and her boyfriend, which I know is really going to blow. Hope they'll be able to make it out this summer to meet their little niece!
Miss anything: I never thought I'd say this but I miss working out! I can't run, cycle, do difficult hikes, and I really miss it! It's weird having your body get bigger and bigger everywhere and have it be out of your control. I need to keep reminding myself that I'm growing another human inside me and that's what really matters. A nice cozy squishy environment for the peanut to grow healthy.
Movement: None yet, I don't think. The other night I kept feeling this muscle pull/ache? It's hard to describe. I'm thinking it was just ligaments and muscles stretching. I'm really hoping to feel some REAL movement soon. I'm pretty sure I'll freak the eff out when I feel it. Can't wait!
Cravings: Pretty much anything. Really loving green olives lately, random. I never was a huge fan of them but I can't get enough of them now! Current loves are sour candy, chocolate, cereal, bagels, apples, hard boiled eggs, and skinny peppermint mochas from Starbucks, yum!
Queasy or sick: Naw. Although the thought of eating meat sounds disgusting.
Looking forward to: Starting the nursery (after we 100% confirm it's a girl), our next ultrasound (gender scan), warmer weather, and a growing bump!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE