Pages

17 weeks

Saturday, January 11, 2014


How far along: 17 weeks
Size: An orange
Gender: Sweet baby girl
Symptoms: The headaches are back, yaaay. Only thing that seems to help is an ice pack to the back of my neck, rest, and drinking LOTS of water. I've never been a huge fan of just drinking water all.day.long. (must be the Arizonan in me. I'm pretty sure most of us here live somewhat dehydrated). I've tried to liven up all my water with cucumbers or lemons which helps.
Maternity clothes: I finally bit the bullet and bought some maternity scrubs today.  My old scrubs fit fine in the mornings when I put them on but by the end of my shift they are so tight and uncomfortable, especially my pants against my growing belly. The scrubs I bought today are nice and stretchy and should last me a few more months until I'll need like a full panel pant. Nevertheless, they're quite comfy!
Stretch marks: No. My boobs are making me nervous though, they won't stop growing! Yes, that's a complaint.
Belly button in or out: Belly button is still in.
Sleep: Sleeping good. It's getting pretty uncomfortable to lay on my stomach at all but either side is working out just fine. I got the Bump Nest body pillow for Christmas from Ken and I'm pretty excited to start using it once I can no longer sleep comfortably.
Best moment this week: Hearing baby girls' heartbeat as often as I want. I ended up buying a small doppler on Ebay a few weeks ago and it came in the mail this week! We had some fun the other night putting it on my belly and hearing baby's heartbeat. It helps put my mind at ease that everything is going OK in there since I can't feel her move yet.
Worst moment this week: Ken left yesterday for North Carolina for the rest of the week. He went with his sergeant for a work thing. I hate being here alone and knowing he's cross country but I know the week will fly by.
Miss anything:  Sushi, a glass of wine, and a cold beer while watching football.
Movement: No...when does this come!?? I caaaaaaan't waaaaaaait.
Cravings: I swear this changes every week day. Lately it's been pistachios, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, chocolate, bagels & cream cheese, green apples. See a trend? Give me anything salty, sour, cheesy, or starchy and I'm a happy preggo.
Queasy or sick: No ma'am
Looking forward to: Nursery planning!...Movement!...Wine!...Did I say that already?

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE