Pages

14 weeks

Tuesday, December 17, 2013


How far along: 14 weeks
Size: A little fuzzy peach!
Gender: I'm so torn. One day I think it's a boy, the next I swear it's a girl. Ken is leaning towards boy. I don't know why it's making me so stressed out lately. I want either! I just want to know which one! It's all I think about and it keeps me up at night! And names, specifically girl names. Oy. It stresses me out even more. I literally slept 4 hours the other night because I couldn't stop thinking about what we would possibly name this bean if it happens to be a girl!
Symptoms: Still getting these awful headaches. I've contemplated calling the doctor about it but I've read so many times that it's normal and just caused by all the hormones and know several people who had them early in pregnancy. The only thing that seems to help is an ice pack to the back of my neck and rest. Which is hard to do when you work a 12 hour shift. Anywho, that's really my only "symptom" these days. And my tummy feeling a bit bigger.
Maternity clothes: Nothing yet other than my "maternity leggings" which are the most comfortable things you can wear. I'm thinking about buying some maternity scrub pants today to be a bit more comfortable at work.
Stretch marks: None
Belly button in or out: In 
Sleep: Sleep has been iffy this week. Probably from all my tossing and turning thinking about gender and baby names. Most nights I'm still falling asleep between 9 and 10 but usually wake up to my dogs screaming bloody murder when Ken comes home. Then I lay there for an hour or two until I fall back asleep or just get up cause I have to go to work.
Best moment this week: Every week it's just cooler and cooler to say how far along I am. It sounds so far into pregnancy, 14 weeks! Then I remember that I still have 26ish weeks left to go. I love to read about what's going on with the bean each week and how it's developing. It really is a little miracle.
Worst moment this week: These headaches are overstaying their welcome.
Miss anything: A bottle glass of wine after a shitty day of work.
Movement: Ahhhh I CANNOT WAIT FOR MOVEMENT! This seriously makes me so excited. Just seeing the baby on an ultrasound screen moving around is amazing. People keep telling me to just wait till I FEEL the baby move! It'll probably be the best day eva.
Cravings: Anything salty or sour...and cereal.
Queasy or sick: Red meat is grossing me out a bit lately. We made burgers the other night, and although they were good, after I felt like crap and now they sound disgusting. A piece of meat in general really doesn't sound too great anymore.
Looking forward to: Oh so much. Finding out the gender next week on Christmas Day tops the list. Other things are having family in town for the holidays, buying clothes for a BOY or GIRL, painting the nursery, and feeling baby move!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE