Pages

12 weeks

Wednesday, December 4, 2013


How far along: 12 weeks
Gender: I'm still leaning towards BOY. Ken is still undecided...and probably will be until we find out. Our ultrasound tech today said it was too early to make a prediction, darn. However, the nub looked boyish to me but what do I know. Have you heard of the "nub theory"? Google it.
Weight gain: 4 lbs.
Symptoms: Headaches. Holy moly. We're talking daily headaches lately. Every.single.day. I've read it's normal and is probably just associated with all the extra blood volume I have now. Only thing that seems to help is resting on the couch. I think my exhaustion is starting to ease off. It depends on the day lately. Some days I'm completely exhausted and ready for a nap by 11am and other days I'm able to get so much done throughout the day without thinking twice about going to sleep.
Maternity clothes: Happy to say I bought my first pair of maternity jeans! They were 50% off at Gap (score!) and are actually pretty comfy. Also loving leggings and maxi skirts.
Stretch marks: None on my belly! Hooray!
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Sleep is becoming iffy. I have no problem falling asleep but have been waking up between 1-2am and tossing and turning for atleast an hour. I have a hard time turning my mind off from stuff, or getting Kelly Clarkson's "Underneath the Tree" christmas song out of my head. I'm hoping Santa brings me a Bump Nest Body Pillow this Christmas...(hint hint, hubby) I keep reading how amazing they are and great for a sleeping prego!
Best moment this week: Hands down the best moment this week was our NT scan today. We got to see the baby and it actually looked like a baby! It was moving around a ton and we got some amazing pictures! Even one with its little hand in the air :)  We even got a DVD that recorded the entire ultrasound. So amazing. I can't wait to show our family around Christmas! The NT scan looks for characteristics that could be associated with Down Syndrome and a few other trisomy disorders. Best news of all, our little peanut doesn't show any of those characteristics and looks as healthy as can be!
Worst moment this week: These gnarly headaches making their debut.
Miss anything: Cycling. I was tempted to go the other day and just not work out as intense as I normally would but 1. Ken didn't like that idea and 2. I overslept.
Movement: Saw tons of movement on the ultrasound screen! Haven't felt anything yet. Maybe in a couple weeks!?
Cravings: Sour candy, salted soft pretzels, peppermint, apples, multigrain bagels.
Queasy or sick: Nada
Looking forward to: Everything Christmasy. Sending out our Christmas cards, wrapping gifts (one of my favorite things to do, weird right?), spending time with my sister, feeling baby move, getting into the 2nd trimester, and finding out if our little bean is a BOY or GIRL!



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE