Pages

Two Pink Lines

Monday, November 11, 2013

I really can't believe it when I say this but, I'M PREGNANT! After two long years of disappointment, frustration, negative test after negative test, and ten months of fertility treatments, I can finally announce that me and my hubs are expecting a little bean next June 2014. We are BEYOND excited. It still seems so unbelievable. I feel like I'm making it up. But, it's true. So here's how it went down.

My fertility treatments the past few months have been pretty aggressive. Everyday I had to take several pills, including Clomid, which is a fertility medication given to help someone ovulate (which I was never doing). Well, clomid didn't work the first couple months. The final recipe of creating this little bean was Metformin, Aspirin, 150mg Clomid, 150 IU Bravelle injections, and my 4th IUI (intrauterine insemination). After the IUI and still to this day, I have to take a progesterone suppository every night before bed. Sounds fun, huh? Very expensive, very time consuming, very frustrating. I can honestly say though, it has all been worth it and will be even more worth it once I have a baby in my arms.

Ken and I told ourselves we wouldn't "cheat" by taking a home pregnancy test early before my blood work would confirm a pregnancy or not.  Well, I cheated. October 8th was 13 days after my IUI (the night before I had to have bloodwork done).  I took a pregnancy test that morning. It was negative. I tried to keep telling myself that "it could still be early", "maybe the bloodwork tomorrow will show something different".  That night right before bed, I decided to take another test. Hmm...that looks like a faint line....am I seeing things?  Nope, there it was. The faintest second pink line. I was freaking out inside. Should I tell Ken? Should I wait to see what the bloodwork shows tomorrow? Ahhhh! I went to bed without telling Ken because I had always dreamed of telling him I was pregnant in some sort of fun and memorable way.  The next morning I did another pregnancy test, and there it was again. A second pink line.  OMG.  I still didn't say anything to Ken and left early to my fertility doctor's office to have my blood drawn.  I couldn't stop smiling, I ended up blurting it out to the front desk girl and the girl who drew my blood. They were so happy for me! It felt so weird to say those words.  Driving home from the office, I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it from Ken for long. He would be able to tell something was up.  I got home and grabbed a gift bag, threw my positive tests in it with some tissue paper and decided to make him breakfast.  After we finished breakfast, I told him I had an early birthday gift for him (his birthday was a week later).  I gave him the gift. He opened it. And stared at the pee stick for what felt like a full 5 minutes.  He gave me this look like "What! Really!?" and then I cried and could only shake my head.  We hugged and I cried some more and it ended up being something I'll never forget. We were finally going to have a baby!


We are so excited for this next chapter in our lives and will continue to document everything right here. Stay tuned!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE